Sunday, February 3, 2008


 

 

Tidal Wave

 

In the spring

I thought I knew everything

there was to know about

how earth loved sky.

 

I dreamed of living near an ocean beach

where I’d watch lapis waves caress

pristine shores.

 

My electronic reality

no longer a necessity,

 

my simple life spent dusting off

my pen, exercising my hand, finding  my

way back to my heart’s work.

 

My life fluid with poems sprouting

like nature’s seedlings, destined

to love the sky.

 

Her verdant energy

tested beyond

comprehension.

 

Nature’s imbalance erased

dreams once come true.

 

Inside earth’s womb

seedlings destined to love the sky wait.

I learn the patience of winter.

                                                 

               

 



Linda Joy Burke

 2007 All Rights Reserved by author.

No comments: